JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. — In accordance with Gov. Eric Greitens’ executive order issued in January (sos.mo.gov/ library/reference/orders/2017/ eo3), the Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC) is undergoing a thorough review of and seeking public comment on all regulations of the Wildlife Code of Missouri under the Missouri Code of State Regulations.
Individuals can comment on MDC regulations online at mdc.mo.gov under EXISTING REGULATIONS (short.mdc. mo.gov/Zia).
“Citizen involvement and participation have always been important to the Missouri Department of Conservation,” said MDC Director Sara Parker Pauley. “We value public input and want to hear from you.”
MDC will also hold the following open houses from 6 – 8 p.m. to gather public feedback:
• Aug. 8 at Cape Girardeau Conservation Nature Center, 2289 County Park Drive in Cape Girardeau;
• Aug. 10 at Runge Conservation Nature Center, 330 Commerce Drive in Jefferson City;
• Aug. 14 at the MDC Northeast Regional Office, 3500 S. Baltimore in Kirksville;
• Sept. 7 at Powder Valley Conservation Nature Center, 11715 Cragwold Road in Kirkwood;
• Sept. 26 at Kemper Recital Hall in Spratt Hall 101 on the Missouri Western State University campus, 4525 Downs Drive in St. Joseph;
• Oct. 10 at Springfield Conservation Nature Center, 4601 S. Nature Center Way in Springfield;
• Oct. 12, at Twin Pines Conservation Education Center, 20086 Highway 60 in Winona; and
• Oct. 26 at Anita B. Gorman Conservation Discovery Center, 4750 Troost Ave in Kansas City.